What is better than delicious tomato soup to warm you up on a cold or dreary day? Sometimes when we are feeling down, tired, or completely exhausted, we need to enjoy some comfort food. Below is a simple yet delicious recipe I’m sure you will enjoy!
- 1 medium Yellow Onion
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- two - 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes can or fresh
- 46 oz Tomato Juice can or bottle
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chicken Base or use beef
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil chopped
- 1/4 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley chopped
Dice the onion or blend it in the blender with some olive oil.
Add the rest of the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Throw in the onion (diced or pureed) and cook it for a few minutes.
Now dump in the diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Add the tomato juice.
Next add 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 ½ tablespoons chicken base to the pot.
Add freshly ground black pepper, basil and parsley. Stir to combine. Heat almost to a boil and then turn off the heat.
Stir in the cream.