Everyone needs and appreciates a good night of sleep! And I think we can all admit that an increase in relaxation would be very beneficial! But have you ever considered what is on your nightstand? Read below to learn more about my relaxation techniques!
Your nightstand is the last thing you see before closing your eyes. We all know that clutter does not help the mind to relax, and yet so often our bed side table turns into a dumping ground for all types of odds and ends.
Consider organizing the space beside your bed to increase relaxation, and help you stay asleep through the night. First, clear everything off of your nightstand. Now only add back these items:
Nightstand Items for Relaxation:
1. Easy to reach bedside light.
2. Book you’re currently reading or journal. This should be light in content, save the heavy stuff for waking hours. Other books should be kept out of sight so that you don’t feel pressure to get through one to the next.
3. Classic glass decanter of water to prevent trips up and down the stairs to the kitchen.
4. A small travel clock with an alarm function. Phones can be kept in the room, but not on the bedside table. Having a phone bedside you can be distracting when falling asleep, or if you wake during the night. Consider keeping your phone on your dresser or just a few steps away in case of emergency if needed.
5. Small dish to store jewelry and watches.
6. Candle or diffuser in a relaxing scent, try lavender or eucalyptus.
7. Small bouquet or plant.
8. This last tip is not so much for the nightstand, but will help your mind relax – Make your bed. By making your bed each morning, it creates an invitation when you approach it in the evening.
Featured Contributor: Pamela Rineer
Pamela Rineer lives in Lititz, PA with her husband, two boys, and very large goldendoodle. With a love of real estate, design, and money management she began rennovating their homes on a budget. Now, settling into their fifth house, she shares simple DIY’s for all things home.
GO HERE for the Book