Having 3 small children of my own, I have had plenty of experiences with mishaps while out and about. So, I created my own car travel bag that I always keep in the trunk. A lot of these items are also doubled in my diaper bag, but there is nothing worse than reaching for something and realizing that you are out. By keeping these backups in my car, I know that we are always covered!
Created by Karissa Tunis
For more on this topic, check out the full Travel Tips collection
Car Travel Bag
I recommend printing out the free printable below and keeping the list in your car bag. When something needs replaced, carry the list inside as a reminder.
Car Travel Bag Essentials:
- I always love having wipes on hand – baby wipes for cleaning the kids AND cleaning wipes for cleaning the car, stroller, etc.
- Paper towels for any big spills.
- Tissues, because can you ever really have enough on hand?
- Ziplock bags for those dirty poopy diapers, messy clothes, or because my daughter loves to collect rocks everywhere we go.
- A large trash bag for those times something gets REALLY dirty.
- Hand sanitizer because I go through the stash in my purse quickly.
- Diapers if applicable. I can’t tell you how many times we would be out, plans changed, and suddenly we are away from the house much longer than expected. It was always so nice to have extra diapers on hand, and more then the one or two that I had in the diaper bag.
- A flashlight may already be in your car, but if not throw one in there.
- Lastly a blanket. I actually like to travel with 1 extra blanket per kid.
Additional Free Family Resources:
- Kid friendly restaurants where kids eat free & tips for eating out with children
- Top 10 kid friendly podcasts for your next family trip
- What to take to the beach for kids
And for more on this topic, check out the full Travel Tips collection
Co-Owner: Karissa Tunis
Karissa Tunis is the co-owner of both the parenting website Adore Them and the family event company Milestone Family Expos. Through these ventures she is able to share inspiring, heartfelt insight with large audiences within local communities and across the country! Her knack for all-things-organization allows her to balance content creation, brand partnerships, and event planning without losing sight of what she wants for her own family. Despite her busy schedule, Karissa also makes it a priority to spend quality time with her husband and three children. You will often find her volunteering at her children’s schools, cheering them on from the soccer sidelines, or enjoying the great sites of Charleston, SC with her family.
Contact: [email protected]
GO HERE for the Book